In 1861-2 Sir George Gilbert Scott restored and enlarged this church so that it could accommodate at least 329 people, the church receiving a £50 grant from the Incorporated Church Building Society (ICBS) for this purpose. William Chick was once more clerk of works. Other work included new roofing and new floors with tiles by Godwin, opening up the lancets in the west wall and new fittings. These included brass communion rails and a candelabra in the sanctuary.