This church was restored by Sir George Gilbert Scott between 1865-7 under the direction of the vicar, Canon William Frederick Powell. This included replacing the floors, removing the galleries and the stairs in the Trinity Chapel, installing a heating system, removing graves from the nave and reinforcing pillars. He also ‘touched up’ the wall paintings, with fleur- de-lys stencilling in the chancel and restored the east end of the Trinity Chapel for Lady Georgina Bathurst in memory of her family. New pews were made for the nave using an old example as a pattern, as well as a new carved stone reredos, canopy above the chancel screen and altar rails. The organ was sited at the east end of the north aisle in a case designed by Scott though it has since been moved into the choir.