Sir George Gilbert Scott came into this restoration in 1858, although the church was being restored at various points from 1844 under Henry Day of Worcester. Scott had originally reported on the church in 1856, his advice sanctioned in 1857 with work starting in 1858, with W. Cooper of Derby as contractor. He reseated the church, removing galleries and providing new oak stalls and pews. He renewed the roofs and vestry, provided new north arcade bays which linked to the Norman responds and restored the Priest’s doorway. An Ancaster stone reredos was also provided.