This church was restored in 1880-1 by Marshall and Boyse for the Rev. C. W. Stubbs at a cost of £1,150, from drawings originally worked up by Sir George Gilbert Scott in 1875. The restoration included a new porch, now demolished, part of the south wall reconstructed, a chancel roof and re fitting including a pulpit on a stone base with an openwork timber front and a plain circular font.