This church was restored and partially rebuilt by Sir George Gilbert Scott in around 1846-7, including the clerestory, the west door into the tower and Decorated chancel east window. It appears that tiles were donated by the local firm of Minton for Scott’s restoration. The builder, Samuel Faram, also worked on the ground plan of the church in 1849-50 and restoration continued until 1856, although not necessarily under the direct superintendence of Scott., p. 18.