Sir George Gilbert Scott restored this church in 1851-2 for John Frederick Campbell, 1st Earl of Cawdor, at a cost of £1,804. The builder was W. P. James of Cardiff. He rebuilt the nave, added a south porch, vestry and Decorated windows.

The chancel was repaved with Minton tiles and fittings were provided including a pulpit with carved vinework on a Bath stone base, a font on a cluster of colonnettes and pews with shaped ends.