This was a new church designed and built by Sir George Gilbert Scott in 1871-3, on land given by Sir Edmund Lechmere and paid for, at a cost of £6,000, by a retired Liverpool merchant, Samuel Martin, who lived locally. It was to seat 420 and was built of Malvern stone by William Porter of Malvern Wells. It has late thirteenth century details and a north-east broach spire and tower. It has circular clerestory windows but the five lancet east window was noted by Pevsner as its best feature in an otherwise dull interior. The floor is tiled with Godwin tiles, the reredos, donated by Lechmere, of alabaster and mosaic by Powell and Son, with figure panels by Clayton and Bell.