Sir George Gilbert Scott carried out a restoration here in 1865-7, rebuilding the church, except for the tower and south aisle, in Perpendicular style. The eighteenth century chancel was then rebuilt with a sacristy to the north and chapel to the south. The walls of the fifteenth century aisles were re-created to form the east end of the new extension and the church was refitted and reseated, removing box pews and a gallery. It is now an arts centre.