The Cathedral Church of St Columba in Oban is the seat of the Roman Catholic Bishop of Argyll and the Isles and mother church of the Diocese of Argyll and the Isles. The cathedral is located on the sea front at the northern end of Oban.
The cathedral was designed in the Neo-Gothic style by the architect Sir Giles Gilbert Scott, the foundation stone being laid in 1932 and the building completed in 1959. The work was partially funded by money raised by the diocese in the USA, Canada and Ireland. It is constructed from pink Peterhead and blue Inverawe granite.