From 1856 Sir George Gilbert Scott restored this church including the chancel, nave and south aisle, at the expense of the Earl of Dartmouth, the vicar and the parishioners. The north outer aisle and the vestry were built and the south porch added, work completed and the church reopened in 1865. In 1871 the spire was built to Scott’s design. The builders were Higham of Wolverhampton.