This was in a group of three churches Sir George Gilbert Scott built around Stoke-on-Trent and is the least distinguished. Lying about seven miles east of Stoke, the church was started in 1842, in conjunction with Moffatt, and consecrated in 1846, seating 250. Here Scott reverted to the lancet style of the Commissioners’ churches, with no chancel, but only a nave and bellcote and a triplet lancet window at the east end.