This chapel was restored by Sir George Gilbert Scott in 1877 when he added a north aisle and south vestry and reconstructed the nave, under the patronage of the Dean of Rochester.

The Archaeological Journal, published under the direction of the Central Committee of the Royal Archaeological Institute of Great Britain and Ireland, London, 31, 1874, p. 75 and 32, 1875, p. 345.