This church was restored in around 1867-70 for the Rev. Edward Larkin Horne, in conjunction with his son George Gilbert. The estimate in 1865 was £1,550 for opening up the north transept, restoring windows and building a new roof in the south transept. Sir George Gilbert Scott brought a screen from St John’s College, Cambridge, which he was restoring at the same time and where Horne’s brother was a fellow, to the church for Horne.