Built by Scott between 1863-7, from Cowley bricks forming red and yellow polychrome work, this church has been described by Pevsner as ‘one of his stogier efforts in the Early Gothic style’.
In fact the vicar, the Rev. Richard Croft, had asked Scott for a design ‘without unnecessary ornament’. It has a chancel, nave, south porch, vestry and south-east tower, with a slightly later broach spire.
Some of the carving on the west end remains unfinished. The builder was William Fassnidge of Uxbridge and the total cost was around £12,000. In 1868, Scott designed the reredos of the Last Supper, carved in stone by Farmer and Brindley, for the church. In 1876, Scott designed a memorial screen to go in the church, his fees coming to £230.