In 1852, Sir George Gilbert Scott built a large boarding house with a master’s house attached. This shows little advance, if any, on the parsonages he was building ten years earlier. It is in the Tudor style, asymmetrical, red brick with black diapered brickwork, high pitched tiled roofs, gabled dormers and mullioned windows. ‘1852’ is picked out in headers on the eastern gable.