Richard Gilbert Scott, 1923 – 2017, son of Sir Giles Gilbert Scott, completed his father’s work at the Guildhall and designed three fine post-war churches in an original idiom:
- St Mark’s, Biggin Hill
- Tile Cross, Birmingham
- St Thomas More, Sheldon
He built the office complex for Blue Circle cement at Aldermaston and designed ‘a minor masterpiece’ his own house – Meg’s cottage at Burnham Norton.
An excellent golfer, his father reputedly advised him that perfecting this sport was more difficult than becoming a great architect…
Pingback: Village celebrates as BT reprieves its red phone box - gilbertscott.org