Sir George Gilbert Scott restored and re-roofed New College Hall between 1862 and 1865, having submitted his plans in 1858. His new roof imitated the original. It cost £5830 and Franklin of Deddington was the contractor. He also restored and rehung the interior panelling and glazed windows.
Scott’s office ledgers show he received £46 in 1878 for a survey report and plans of the Divinity School and Proscholium, for the Vice-Chancellor of Oxford University, New College, although none of his work is evident here.