Sir George Gilbert Scott rebuilt this from older eighteenth century buildings in red, white and black brickwork, and also provided a house for the college vice principal and chaplain with half timbering and red fish-scale tiles in 1877-8. It has big clustered chimney stacks and a porch in a polygonal turret. The founder of the college W. C. Macfarlane wrote A Short Account of Dorchester in 1881, which describes the history of the town and buildings. They are now in residential use.