Milton Abbey Church – Milton Abbey
Sir George Gilbert Scott carried out a restoration here in 1865 at the expense of Baron Hambro, a Danish merchant banker, including a new west porch, replacing stone slabs with encaustic tiles throughout. Scott may also have worked on the main house with a remodelling of the courtyard to make it symmetrical around the original fifteenth century Abbot’s Hall, probably dating from this time.
Monument to Baron Hambro – Milton Abbey
In 1877 Sir George Gilbert Scott designed a canopy monument to his patron Baron Hambro for the north aisle of the chancel of Milton Abbey Church.