Charles Robert Baker King joined Scott’s office as a salaried assistant in 1859, the year after Jackson entered it. He joined the Spring Gardens Sketching Club in 1866 and eventually became Scott’s chief assistant and carried out some tactful restoration work under Scott. His chief work included the restoration of St Mary’s, Totnes, for Scott in 1867-74 and he was heavily involved in the restoration of St David’s Cathedral from 1865 until he left the office on Scott’s death in 1878.