Holy Trinity, Watermoor, Cirencester
Built by Sir George Gilbert Scott between 1847-52 for the Rev. W. P. Alworth in Early English style, the building contract was for £200 although the total cost was in the region of £4,000 using a local builder, Mr Bridges. It has a fine open timber roof, dormers instead of a clerestory, carved corbels and caps. In 1852 a north-west spire was added at the ‘sole expense’ of the Hon. William Lennox Bathurst. Scott’s fittings in the interior included the font, pulpit and stalls.