This was certainly won in a competition held in 1841, when in partnership with Moffatt, with work starting the following year. It was built for Miss Eleanora Atherton and altered in 1850 by R. J. Withers before it was demolished in 1953. It had a west tower, galleries and was in the Early English style, and was apparently as dull as the usual run of so-called Commissioners churches. It has recently been the subject of an excavation before the site was used for Manchester Metropolitan University buildings.
Colvin, H., A Biographical Dictionary of British Architects 1600-1840 (Yale University Press, New Haven and London, 1995), pp. 119-20.