Restored this church for Lord Carrington between 1876-7 at a cost of £1,400. It is categorised as a ‘drastic’ restoration, with new clerestory, south buttress and clerestory windows. Work was stopped on the nave where he had intended to raise the roof. The local tradition is that Sir George Gilbert Scott removed two wagon loads of stone during the time he was dealing with it and deposited it on the pathways of the village, inferring the loss of important work from the church.