Holy Evangelists Church, Belgrave Road, Stoke-on-Trent
This church was built by Sir George Gilbert Scott in 1846-7, at the expense of the Duke of Sutherland, in Middle Pointed style with one light windows. It has a nave, chancel, porch and bellcote, originally faced with Minton tiles. Minton donated both cement and tiles for the interior of the church which decorate the floor.
Resurrection Church, Belgrave Road, Stoke-on-Trent
The earliest building which shows the most obvious effect of Sir George Gilbert Scott’s Italian visit is the tiny Resurrection Church which he built in 1853 at Longton, in the industrial outskirts of Stoke-on-Trent, again for the Duke of Sutherland. This was built of diapered red brickwork with much constructive polychromy, particularly the alternating coloured brick arches externally, and red and yellow bands internally. Tiles for the altar space and reredos were donated by Herbert Minton in 1853. Sir George Gilbert Scott further enlarged the church in 1863-4, adding an aisle.
http://www.tilesoc.org.uk/pdf/minstaff.pdf, p. 30.