In 1864, Garnons Williams commissioned Scott to alter an eighteenth century chapel at Penpont, on his estate, into something more suited to nineteenth century worship and as a chapel of ease for Llansbyddid. This resulted in an almost complete rebuilding, costing £1,000, completed in 1865-6. Scott reconstructed a round western tower and gave it a conical roof, and by opening the base of the tower into the church and providing a rounded east end, he produced a church with apses at both ends.