Christchurch, Manchester Road
This was a Commissioners Church built between 1848-53 for the cost of £4,500 with 360 pews and 501 free seats. It has a western tower with a broach spire, chancel, a nave of five bays, aisles, a north porch and thirteenth century style details, and has been described as ‘plain’ and ‘honest’, ‘not exciting’ (Pevsner).
Christchurch School, Manchester Road
The school was built opposite Christchurch between 1846-8 and may have been by Sir George Gilbert Scott too. It was demolished by 1981.