Related image

The church, between New Road and St Alban’s Road, was designed and built by Scott between 1845-52.

It is built of flint, in Early English style, and consists of a chancel, three bay nave, south aisle and south porch, with a turret at the west end containing a bell. The major benefactor was Captain John Trotter of Dyrham Park, South Mimms, and it had sittings for 700 people, with 200 free.