In 1847, the parson, the Reverend Charles Alsager Tryon, decided that the school provision was inadequate and using Alsager Trust money and public subscriptions planned a new school building. Sir George Gilbert Scott designed this, the new school opening in 1853. It is now a housing development, the date still visible on the north east corner stone of the old classroom which is now number 1, Charles Tryon Court.