This chapel was built by Sir George Gilbert Scott in 1870-1, close to site of St Leonard’s Church which was demolished in 1760. It was built in French Gothic style, of red stone from Felton and dressed with stone from Luston. It accommodated 200 and cost £1,800, the contractor being E. Edwards of Leominster, supervised by William Cooke. It consisted of a nave, chancel and vestry, with no aisles. It had a circular east window and other lancet windows, a south porch and a bellcote over the chancel arch. The capitals and other similar stonework remain uncarved. It is now an antiques centre.
The Builder, XXIX, p. 232, 5 March 1871.