Scott first designed a choir screen with Moffatt in 1842, but it was not until 1875 that the eighteenth century stone screen was removed to allow construction of the new one, by James Elwell of Beverley.
Scott carried out general restoration work at this church from 1866 until his death in 1878. This included repairing the nave roof in 1868, decorating the roofs and the ceiling of the eastern parts and the crossing. The choir ceiling was decorated with large painted roundels and a new pavement laid. He also provided a new organ screen and altar rail which were being made when he died.