Sir George Gilbert Scott surveyed this church in 1862 with a view to its restoration, being a friend of the incumbent, the Rev. William Buckley. However, the restoration and reseating in 1864-6 may have been overseen by his son George Gilbert. This included in new canopy to the Perpendicular screen, restoration of the pulpit and in particular, a new east window and painted ceiling, designed by William Morris and executed by Cottam of Banbury.