Sir George Gilbert Scott restored this church in 1876 for the Rev. John Richard Errington, the rector, at a cost of £3,000. His work included new lead roofs to the north and south aisles, re-flooring throughout using encaustic tiles, as well as general restoration work. He also provided new chancel stalls, a timber altar rail, font, pulpit and brass lectern. The fees amounted to £129.