Sir George Gilbert Scott built this Commissioner’s Church between 1852-3 for a cost of £2,600. The site was given by Thomas Clutterbuck and the incumbent vicar was Adolphus White. It is built in a Gothic style in flint and Bath stone with a tile roof. It has a chancel, nave, south aisle, porch, a tower with a shingled spire and a three light east window. It had 66 pews and 250 free seats. A stone pulpit was provided by the brother of the vicar and also a font.